Self Regional Healthcare Foundation Women’s Health Charity Classic hosts world’s greatest women golfers in Greenwood, SC
The Women’s Health Charity Classic kicks off its week-long schedule of activities on Monday, May 4, and runs through May 10 with the Mother’s Day afternoon announcement of the winner of the Symetra Tour’s largest purse, totaling $200,000. The second annual tournament also raises the largest charitable donation on the 22-stop national tour, which will support women’s health initiatives at Self Regional, as well as other charities and service organizations in the Lakelands area of S.C.
In addition to the 144 golfers on the Symetra Tour – Road to the LPGA, the tournament will host many of the biggest names in women’s golf who will attend to play in Pro-Ams and participate in special events associated with the tournament.
Scheduled to attend are the following LPGA players:
LPGA Legends players: Pat Bradley • Jan Stephenson • Beth Daniel • Meg Mallon • Rosie Jones • Nancy Scranton • Kris Tschetter • Barb Mucha • Laurie Rinker • Sheri Turner • Val Skinner • Nancy Lopez • Dawn Coe Jones • Hollis Stacy • Cindy Figg Currier • Cindy Rarick
LPGA/Solheim Cup Players: Stacy Lewis • Brittany Lincicome • Brooke Pancake • Brittany Lang • Lizette Salas • Jennifer Song
Highlights include a mentoring breakfast with Symetra Tour golfers and LPGA legend golfers, a golf clinic held in partnership with Greenwood School District, and a 5K run on the course with the Girls on the Run organization.
The following events are open to the public with ticket purchase:
Thursday, May 7, through Sunday, May 10
Self Regional Healthcare Foundation Women’s Health Classic
- Daily passes $5 per person; Four-day tournament passes $15. Children younger than 13 are free with paying adults.
- Play is approximately 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., Thurs. and Fri; 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sat. and Sun.
Friday, May 8
Girls on the Run 5K
- 7 p.m., Girls on the Run program participants, Symetra players and other walkers and runners
- 6 p.m., Uptown Greenwood. Separate tickets required and are on sale (cash and check only) at the Arts Center at the Federal Building and Flynn’s on Maxwell for $20 in advance and $25 the day of the event. Credit card transactions can be processed at the Finance Department at City Hall.
Saturday, May 9
Music and Fireworks on the lake
- 7 p.m., Band and Fireworks at Hole #13, featuring the Deacons of Swing
Sunday, May 10
Mother’s Day Brunch
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Separate ticket and reservations required. $25 for adults, $15 for children ages 6 to 12, children 5 and younger are free. Call 864-942-0903 for reservations.
Free parking is available onsite. Additional information and online tournament tickets available at stoneypointclassic.com
The Self Regional Healthcare Foundation http://selfregionalfoundation.org/primarily funds health-related programs and projects at Self Regional Healthcare, http://www.selfregional.org/ a not-for-profit, regional referral hospital that serves residents of Greenwood, Abbeville, Laurens, Saluda, McCormick, Edgefield, and Newberry counties with prevention, wellness, acute care and tertiary care services including cancer care, neurosurgery, heart and vascular surgery, NICU, and orthopedics. Self Medical Group is its employed physician affiliate network of 20 practices and more than 60 physicians.
The Symetra Tour – Road to the LPGA, http://www.symetratour.com/ is the official developmental tour of the LPGA. With the support of its umbrella partner, Symetra, the Tour’s mission is to prepare the world’s best young women professional golfers for a successful career on the LPGA Tour. The top-10 money winners will receive full, equal status for the following season on the LPGA Tour. With more than 500 alumnae moving on to the LPGA, former Symetra Tour players have won a total of 371 LPGA titles, including 40 major championships. Symetra Tour events have contributed more than $5 million to charitable organizations throughout the nation since 1989. Follow the Symetra Tour on the web at www.SymetraTour.com, Facebook.com/RoadtotheLPGA, Twitter.com/Road2LPGA, and YouTube.com/Road2LPGA.