The Greenwood SC Chamber of Commerce is inviting Greenwood voters to explore its newly updated Yes For Greenwood website www.yesforgreenwood.com.
The new website has been designed to provide the ultimate user-friendly experience with information on all of the 27 projects included in proposed Greenwood Capital Project Sales Tax Referendum on the November 8, 2016 ballot. The website includes project details, answers to frequently asked questions, an interactive Greenwood County map with project locations, and links to articles that further detail information for Greenwood voters to make an informed decision. The website is designed to be compatible across all platforms (desktop, mobile device, etc).
Additionally, the Chamber, in conjunction with the Yes For Greenwood Campaign, has scheduled over a dozen public forums over the next two months for Greenwood citizens to become more informed about the proposed projects.
According to Chamber President Angelle LaBorde, “The Chamber’s Board of Directors have endorsed the proposed referendum and are actively working to educate voters about the benefits of each of the projects.”
The public forums will be held at the following times and locations:
- Troy – September 7, at 7 PM; Location: Troy Fire Department
- Promised Land – September 8, 6:30 PM; Location: Promised Land Fire Department
- Hodges – September 12, 7 PM; Location: Hodges Town Hall
- Pittsburg – September 13, 7 PM; Location: Tri County Fire Department
- Ninety-Six – September 19, 6:30 PM; Location: Ninety Six Visitors Center
- Greenwood – September 22, 6:30 PM; Location: S. Main Fire Station
- Epworth/Phoenix – September 27, 6:30 PM; Location: Epworth-Phoenix Fire Dept.
- Ware Shoals – October 4, 7 PM; Location Ware Shoals Fire Department
- Callison – October 11, 7 PM; Location: Callison Fire Department
- Ware Shoals – October 18, 6:30 PM; Location: Ware Shoals Town Hall
- Greenwood – October 22, 11:00 AM; Location: S. Main Fire Station
- Northwest Greenwood – October 25, 6:30 PM; Location: Northwest Fire Department
- Cokesbury – November 3, 6:00 PM; Location: Cokesbury College
These meetings are free and open to the public. All Greenwood County residents are encouraged to attend. For questions regarding these public forums, contact Mike Clary at email@example.com or at 864-223-8431, ext. 230.