- This event has passed.
November 8 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Rodgers and Hammerstein’s OKLAHOMA!
Directed by John Keenan
Music Directed by Amy Blackwood
● Auditions start promptly at 6 PM.
● Please arrive between 15 and 30 minutes early to fill out the appropriate paperwork.
● All audition material will be provided!
● Auditionees will be asked to dance, read from the script, and sing a short selection.
● CASTING Males and Females ages 14 & up. No previous acting, dance or singing experience required.
● Please be prepared to provide ALL scheduling conflicts and availability – bring your planner and other extracurricular schedules to be sure that all schedule details are provided. Conflicts will affect casting!
● Rehearsals will be mostly on weeknights, some Saturday morning/afternoons, and some Sunday
SHOW DATES: February 15 – March 3
● Performances will be Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 as well as Saturday and Sunday afternoons at 2:00 pm. Possible Thursday evening added performances.
• Laurey, Female, Soprano (18-35): She has an innocence and yet an air of knowledge about her. She lives with her Aunt Eller on a ranch and is in love with Curly, though she may not admit it.
• Curly, Male, Baritone (18-35): Has a confident swagger and deserves it, he is the most handsome man in the whole county. He is in love with Laurey, but refuses to admit it. He’s a cowboy and the romantic lead.
• Aunt Eller, Female, mezzo (35 and up): She acts as the town’s aunt, a fun-loving caretaker. She watches over the town and a ranch with her niece, Laurey and a hired hand, Jud.
• Will Parker, Male, Tenor (18-35): Will is a cowboy who is skilled enough to compete in rodeos. Rope tricks is a plus. Will is a dance role, tap dancer preferred. Interested in Ado Annie.
• Jud Fry, Male, Baritone (18-35): Described as dark and growly by others, Jud takes care of the ranch Laurey, and Aunt Eller lives on. Jud does not fit in with the society he lives with, he is seen by most as an outsider and misunderstood. He has feelings for Laurey.
• Ado Annie Carnes, Female, Soprano (18-35): Andrew Carnes’ daughter. She wants everyone to be happy. Her heart is always in the right place, but she isn’t always the best judge of character. A comic, romantic lead, she is wooed by Ali Hakim, but deep down she feels a connection to Will Parker.
• Ali Hakim, Male (18-35): Traveling peddler who says he’s from Persia. Though we aren’t sure how much of what he says we can believe. He, like Jud, is an outsider to this community but not feared by most. He pursues Ado Annie and Gertie Cummings.
• Gertie Cummings, Female, Alto or Soprano (18-35): From the next town over, she has eyes on Curly and isn’t waiting around for Laurey to say no to him. She has a unique laugh.
• Andrew Carnes, Male, Tenor (30 and up): He is very protective of his daughter, Ado Annie. He doesn’t want Will Parker to marry her because he believes the cowboy’s life to be risky and unreliable. He is a rancher and doesn’t feel very kind to cowboys in general.
• Ike Skidmore, Male, Baritone (30 and up): Owner of the ranch where the box social takes place.
• Male and Female Ensemble(16 and up): Need to be able to dance and sing.