Information Below is for next week’s Emerald and Greenwood High School graduation ceremonies.
Live Stream will be available for both ceremonies at
Emerald High School – 9am https://youtu.be/vw-UdJMWl2A
Greenwood High School – Noon https://youtu.be/VN-fHa8vDWk
A live stream will also be available on the district website at gwd50.org.
Commencement exercises for Greenwood School District 50 will be held on Friday, June 2, 2017, in the Finis Horne Arena on the Lander University Campus. The Emerald High School graduation ceremony will begin at 9:00 a.m., and the Greenwood High School ceremony will begin at 12:00 p.m.
Guests at the Emerald and Greenwood High School ceremonies are required to have a ticket to attend. Graduating seniors will receive tickets for their guests during practice.
Graduation is a memorable occasion for high school seniors. Whether the memories from the graduation ceremony are favorable or unfavorable depends in part upon the conduct of the spectators. Sometimes, guests will engage in conduct during the ceremony that is distracting and inappropriate. This can interfere with the enjoyment of those who have come to celebrate an important occasion with their children, relatives, friends, and neighbors. In order to provide the best graduation possible for the graduating class of 2017, the administrations from the two high schools request that guests do the following.
- Dress as you would for any other coat and tie affair.
- Do not bring babies and young children to the ceremony. It is unfair to expect an infant or small child to be quiet during a lengthy program and it is equally unfair to the graduates and their guests to have crying children disrupt the ceremony.
- The graduating students should arrive in their designated areas forty-five minutes prior to the ceremony. Traffic will be heavy and it may be difficult to get a parking place.
- No one, including children, will be admitted to the Emerald or Greenwood High School ceremonies without a ticket, even if the child will be sitting on their parent’s lap.
- Guests should remain at their seats throughout the entire graduation exercise and during the recessional. Guests are not allowed on the arena floor and should not exit the arena until all graduates have marched out.
- Guests must refrain from yelling or causing any disturbances. Those people who do create a disturbance will be asked to leave the arena and not allowed to return. Charges may be filed for any disturbances.
- While diplomas are being received by graduates, we ask that guests hold any applause or comments until all the graduates have received their diplomas.
- Seating for handicapped guests in wheelchairs will be available on both sides of the arena on the entry level. Handicapped guests may be dropped off at the main entrance to the Horne Arena.
- Cell phones and any electronic devices should be turned off and not used during the ceremony.
- A photographer will be taking pictures of each graduate, so guests should not leave their seats to take pictures.
The graduates, administrations, and faculties of Emerald and Greenwood High Schools thank you in advance for your cooperation.